Gutierrez Family Council Meeting
August 25, 2015 – Hurricane, UT
Moderated by Gueyo
State of affairs
Story about
the Jew that on every 7th year the people or Israel would receive a
blessing of abundance and on that same years debts would be forgiven. Unfortunately
when the people of Israel started forgetting about God and their faith, it
changed where every 7th year it was a year of damnation.
It seems we
are in fact experiencing the last days as prophesied in the scriptures and our
country is in a time of judgement.
There is the
collapse of the economy looming and also the natural disasters happening
everywhere in the country and the world. Wars, droughts, and all kinds of
dangers may come our way.
China and
Russia want to destroy our country and we are in deficit as it is. Gold is
going up in price.
In case of a
great disaster all food and supplies from the stores will run out in two days
flat. It is going to affect us where we are not going to have enough food to
feed our families. There may even be a time where martial law will be enforced
and it will be the end of freedom.
Storage for a year
We want to have enough food and
supplies to last us for a year and then some.
![]() |
| This is what a One Year Supply for 1 Adult should look like |
![]() |
Daily food with this supply:
You
get 1 cup Wheat, 1 cup Oatmeal, 1/2 cup Rice, 1/3 cup beans, 2 Tbs Oil, 1 glass
Milk (2 T powdered milk), 1/3 cup honey, and 2 tsp salt.
|
One Year Supply for 1 Adult
This chart was created in
2009. Because the price of food fluctuates, prices might be different than the
ones represented in the chart.
Adding to the Basics
. . . Bulk Food Storage
Expanded
. . . A Six Step Plan
Add some variety to
your bulk food storage.
STEP 1:
IF I HAVE Wheat, Powdered Milk, Oil, Salt, Honey or Sugar, Water
I CAN MAKE Popped Wheat ,Steamed Wheat, Sprouted Wheat, Cooked Cracked Wheat, Tortillas
IF I HAVE Wheat, Powdered Milk, Oil, Salt, Honey or Sugar, Water
I CAN MAKE Popped Wheat ,Steamed Wheat, Sprouted Wheat, Cooked Cracked Wheat, Tortillas
STEP 2
IF I ADD Yeast, Baking Powder, Powdered Eggs, Baking Soda
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Custards, Puddings, Pancakes, Cookies, Waffles, Muffins, English Muffins, German Pancakes, Crepes, Egg Noodles, Pasta, Breads, Biscuits, Crackers, Mayonnaise. A lot more options huh? Keep reading.
IF I ADD Yeast, Baking Powder, Powdered Eggs, Baking Soda
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Custards, Puddings, Pancakes, Cookies, Waffles, Muffins, English Muffins, German Pancakes, Crepes, Egg Noodles, Pasta, Breads, Biscuits, Crackers, Mayonnaise. A lot more options huh? Keep reading.
STEP 3:
IF I ADD Powdered Butter, Tomatoes, Powdered Cheese
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Meatless Dinners, Meatless Casseroles, Cream Sauces These really add flavor.
IF I ADD Powdered Butter, Tomatoes, Powdered Cheese
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Meatless Dinners, Meatless Casseroles, Cream Sauces These really add flavor.
STEP 4:
IF I ADD Unflavored Gelatin, Canned Milk, Canned Fruits
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Jello Salads, Whipped Cream Desserts, Baby Formula, fruit dishes Mmm, now we have desserts.
IF I ADD Unflavored Gelatin, Canned Milk, Canned Fruits
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Jello Salads, Whipped Cream Desserts, Baby Formula, fruit dishes Mmm, now we have desserts.
STEP 5:
IF I ADD Soup Base, Rice, Legumes (Beans), Beef Broth, Chicken Broth, Alfalfa Seeds, Sesame Seeds
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Hearty Dinner Soups, Chili, Rice Puddings, Refried Beans, Rice Dishes, Fresh Sprouts, Gluten This would really expand your dinner menu in an emergency.
IF I ADD Soup Base, Rice, Legumes (Beans), Beef Broth, Chicken Broth, Alfalfa Seeds, Sesame Seeds
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Hearty Dinner Soups, Chili, Rice Puddings, Refried Beans, Rice Dishes, Fresh Sprouts, Gluten This would really expand your dinner menu in an emergency.
STEP 6:
IF I ADD Canned Meats, Dried Potatoes
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Dinners, Casseroles, Sandwiches. This may not sound like a lot but a meaty flavor can make all the difference.
IF I ADD Canned Meats, Dried Potatoes
I CAN MAKE THESE ADDITIONS: Dinners, Casseroles, Sandwiches. This may not sound like a lot but a meaty flavor can make all the difference.
STEP 7:
EXTRAS: Oats, Raisin, Nuts, Peanut Butter, Granola, Juices, Corn Starch, Soup Mixes, Spices & Flavorings, Lemon Powder or Juice, White Flour, Shortening or Margarine, Cream of Tartar, Junket Rennet Tablet, Molasses, Karo Syrup, etc. These are small things that you could do without but really add variety to your diet.
EXTRAS: Oats, Raisin, Nuts, Peanut Butter, Granola, Juices, Corn Starch, Soup Mixes, Spices & Flavorings, Lemon Powder or Juice, White Flour, Shortening or Margarine, Cream of Tartar, Junket Rennet Tablet, Molasses, Karo Syrup, etc. These are small things that you could do without but really add variety to your diet.
What do you cook
with? Add it to your food storage.
Get some dry foods from LA.
Buy seeds to plant so we can have stuff after food storage runs out.
Research wild plants as to what is edible and what is not or poisonous.
Bishop’s storehouse has stuff to can, Mari and Coco will be doing that on
Tuesday if any one wants to go get stuff from there.
Suzie will be canning peaches this week as well if anybody wants to do
that this week with her.
The guys are in charge of finding tools and weapons we may need for
survival such as cleavers, knives, guns, rifles, batteries, etc.
We need to purchase an elctric and manual wheat grinnders to make flour.
We also need to have other supplies in storage such as medicine, rubbing alcohol,
H2O2 (agua oxigenada), baking soda, soap, etc.
Generators per each family and gasoline.
We would like to purchase a small tractor for the whole family, it runs at
about $5000.
Luis and Mari said we could have a little granja (farm) in their property
for the family to plant tomatoes, chiles, cilantro, vegetable and so forth.
It was also metioned that it would be a good idea to have a few animals
there such as a milking cow, some goats, and chickens.
Spiritual Preparedness
Luis brought a very important point in that it is not only important to be
prepared temporally but also spiritually. We need to make good decisions which
our Heavenly Father approves so that He may provide for us.
We as a family, need to set spiritual goals so that our family may be strengthened
now and in times of hardship.
The only place that is secure is with the Gospel and Jesus Christ.
Future plans
We will be meeting each Sunday afternoon to continue discussing and
planning for the future.
This Sunday coming up 8/30/2015 we will be discussing the 72 hr. emergency
kits and preparadness. Pepe’s family and Milena will be in charge of presenting
this assignment.
This Sunday is also the due date to have your 72 hr backpacks ready for
each member of your families. Please bring a backpack to show on Sunday so that
we can make sure we all have all we need.
Below is a little chart to help you get started on those.
I will be sending and posting more info for your backpacks. ~~Milena
Click here for a printable version of this post.




Thanks for doing this Milena! Just wanted to add that I have a manual wheat grinder.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete